Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Letter to my Fans - From Madhushree (At Her Official Website)

A Letter to my Fans

Dear fans

I had never thought of becoming a playback singer. I wanted to become a classical singer and my role-model was Parveen Sultana.

It all started when I was in Calcutta for recording an album. At the recording studio I met Kumar Sanu and he told me that I should give playback singing a shot. I came to Bombay and I met Javed Akhtarji who introduced me to Mr. Rajesh Roshan. He gave me my first break in his film - Moksh.

The turning point in my life came when I got a call from the very talented living legend A.R.Rahman saab with an offer to sing for Saathiya in the song "Naina Milaike". I had met him a year back in a studio where I was recording a jingle and then I didn't hear for him for a year. I assumed he didn't like my singing till I got this offer from him. I have had the wonderful opportunity to work with him and be a part of his group to be original, versatile and different.

The winning of the prestigious "Sony Stardust Award" 2005 for the best female singing sensation for the song "kabhi neem neem" in Yuva added new dimensions to my musical sojourn.

I am thrilled to be singing with A.R.Rahman, Udit Narain, Hariharan, Shankar, Alka and others and being on the same platform with that of the big names in the music world of today.

I always wanted to lend my voice for Hema Malini and Madhubala.

My debut album is in process which would truly reflect the singing ability, variety as a versatile singer. The announcement is due shortly.

Music for me is worship. My morning prayer itself is a musical offering to God.

I love to sing in front of thousands of cheering people and give them a memorable evening to cherish. I am very much thankful to my fans & audiences who like to listen to me and appreciate.


http://www.madhushree.com/

No comments: