Sunday, October 5, 2008

Madhushree Gets Svelte For A Song

Madhushree Gets Svelte For A Song
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 (EST)
Playback singer of super hit films like 'Rang De Basanti,' 'Yuva,' 'Kal Ho Na Ho,' 'Kuchh Naa Kaho,' and 'Jodhaa Akbar,' Madhushree lost five kgs of weight in a fortnight before a shoot.

Playback singer Madhushree. Photo Credit: Sawf News

Playback singer of super hit films like 'Rang De Basanti,' 'Yuva,' 'Kal Ho Na Ho,' 'Kuchh Naa Kaho,' and 'Jodhaa Akbar,' Madhushree lost five kgs of weight in a fortnight before a shoot. Photo Credit: Sawf News

October 03, 2008, (Sawf News) - Playback singer of super hit films like Rang De Basanti, Yuva, Kal Ho Na Ho, Kuchh Naa Kaho, and Jodhaa Akbar, Madhushree lost five kgs of weight in a fortnight before a shoot.

She went on a no salt diet that included black coffee and bread and in a fortnight she managed to shed 5 kgs.

"I lost two and half kgs in three days. I did feel weak but there was a purpose, I had to look good for the shoot," confesses Madhushree who, after the success of her latest album is now getting film offers.

"I am a singer first and enjoy music," says Madhushree who did one of her stage dance shows with a broken foot during her national tour. "It is the high you get when you get on stage. When I sing, I simply forget everything else and live the moment."

Explaining how she made it as a singer in Bollywood, Madhushree says, "I met Kumar Sanu and he told me that I should give playback singing a shot. I came to Bombay and I met Javed Akhtar ji who introduced me to Mr. Rajesh Roshan. He gave me my first break in his film - Moksh."

"The turning point in my life came when I got a call from the very talented living legend A.R. Rahman saab with an offer to sing for Saathiya in the song Naina Milaike."

She won the "Sony Stardust Award" 2005 for the best female singing sensation for the song kabhi neem neem in Yuva.

Born into a Bengali family of musicians, Madhushree's birth name is Sujata Bhattacharya. She has been credited by her birth name in A.R.Rahman's Tehzeeb, for which she sang three songs.

Madhushree has also sung in Tamil and Telugu which motivated her to learn Tamil for adding more passion to her work in that language.

She is married to engineer and music director Robby Badal.

News Copyright © Sawf News. May not be reproduced without explicit written permission

http://news.sawf.org/Bollywood/53605.aspx

No comments: